Sunday, December 04, 2005

A petition for Darfur

The Coalition for Darfur, a joint effort of Demagogue and Southern Appeal of which I'm a member, is helping to organize a petition calling on the international community "to organize and implement a strong, well-manned, and well-resourced intervention in Darfur, Sudan, in order to stop the ongoing genocide being perpetrated by Government of Sudan (GOS) troops and the Janjaweed (Arab militia) against the Black Africans of Darfur."

I wholeheartedly support the effort and I encourage you to sign the petition, which you can find here. Our voices need to be heard. And something needs to be done. It's not yet too late to act.

(My last post on Darfur, with links to my previous ones, can be found here.)

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home