Saturday, March 04, 2006

KOUFAX AWARDS VOTING

The Koufax Awards, hosted by Wampum, seek to recognize the best blogs on the left side of the political spectrum. Hundreds of blogs have been nominated in 15 categories. You can find many of them in my blogroll. The main purpose of the awards is to build up our community, to recognize and appreciate our diversity, the many different voices that make up our community, and, beyond that, to reward excellence.

I'm pleased to tell you that The Reaction been nominated in five categories:

I should also mention that The Moderate Voice, where I'm a co-blogger, has been nominated for Best Group Blog.

Should you care to vote for me (or to vote for someone else), click on these links individually and cast your vote in the Comments section of each individual category post at Wampum -- or click here, then to each category post.

And, hey, tell your friends to vote, too. All are welcome!

I appreciate your support, just I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to visit The Reaction. Some of my best friends in the blogosphere have been nominated, however, and I do encourage you to support them, too. Visit them through my blogroll. I hesitate to single any of them out, but consider The Carpetbagger Report, where I've been a guest contributor, for Best Blog (Non-Professional). I'm really hoping it gets the recognition it deserves this year.

Later today or tomorrow I'll post a list of other great blogs to consider voting for, blogs that, regardless, you ought to take the time to get to know (if you don't know them already). Obviously, I hope you vote for me in the above categories, but I'm being sincere when I say that winning is not what this is all about. The Koufax Awards have introduced me to many new blogs and the bloggers behind them, many of whom I've had a chance recently to get to know better, and I'm just happy to see the mutual respect and recognition, the friendship, that characterizes our community.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home