Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New co-bloggers at The Reaction

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome two new co-bloggers to The Reaction:

As you may know, there are already three other co-bloggers here: Vivek, Grace, and James. All three have contributed excellent posts. Grace continues to blog, mostly on Canadian politics, but Vivek and James have other commitments that limit how much they can do -- law school and teaching, respectively. Which is why I'm bringing on these two fantastic bloggers, both of whom I like a great deal, to add their distinctive voices and perspectives to what we already have.

It is not my intention that The Reaction become a group blog. I will continue to do the bulk of the posting, usually anywhere between 2 and 8 posts a day, and I will continue to be responsible for all content as editor. Creature and The LGND will likely submit 1-2 posts a week, perhaps more, on a variety of topics that fit in with my overall approach and with the general tone of this blog. However, you will see right away the high quality of their work, and it is very much my pleasure to have them here. I hope you take the time to read their posts, to comment should you so desire, and, of course, to visit their own blogs regularly.

I may still bring on one more co-blogger, though I'll take some time to allow Creature and The LGND to become regular co-bloggers before I do so. In addition, I may begin to feature guest posts by different bloggers. (If you're a blogger, and you'd care to submit a post for consideration, please contact me.)

There are a couple of different reasons for this: As The Reaction has gotten bigger, as more blogs have linked here and as traffic has increased, I want to be able to provide more and more diverse content for readers. With new co-bloggers posting regularly and eventually with occasional guest posts, each and every day will bring you a good deal of new and interesting content. If you check back regularly throughout the day, and then from day to day, there should always be something good to read.

Plus, the Koufax Awards, which introduced me to many, many new blogs, reminded me that blogging is very much about community. We read each other, we link to each other, and we support each other. So why not blog with each other? Sure, blogging is done alone, more often than not, but I want to bring that sense to community to The Reaction, that very real friendship that thrives in our virtual world, as least as much as possible without losing my own distinctive voice.

So please join me in welcoming Creature and The (liberal) Girl Next Door to my humble blog. Let their blogging begin.

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home