Saturday, September 23, 2006

My pilgrimage

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm off to Pittsburgh this weekend for the Roger Waters concert and to see my beloved Steelers for the very first time live. Many of you know of my love for Pink Floyd, but I've also been a Steelers fan since roughly the age of five. Seriously. Growing up in Montreal, I took to football even before hockey, and at the time, the late '70s, there was no other team for me but the Steelers. And it's been that way ever since.

I likely won't blog again until Monday night, but in the meantime I'm leaving The Reaction in the very capable hands of the co-bloggers, particularly Creature and Heraclitus, both of whom will be posting regularly over the next few days. Keep checking back for what I expect will be, as always, posts of exceptional quality. And scroll down for some great posts from the last couple of days -- from both Creature and new co-blogger Heraclitus, and also from guest bloggers Capt. Fogg and Greg Prince -- and, of course, posts from me on such topics as the voter ID legislation that passed the House, the election in Yemen, the tyranny of Hugo Chavez, Iran's nuclear sham, and the coup in Thailand. Among others.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Go Steelers! (And, yes, the lunatic is in my head.)

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • caught the show in montreal. fucking a-rights props to roger waters.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home