Friday, October 13, 2006

Mets 2, Cardinals 0

By Heraclitus

That was a very tough loss for the Cardinals. Who could've expected Tom Glavine to pitch so very well? Hell, for that matter, who expected Jeff Weaver to only give up two runs in five and two-thirds innings? I thought he'd give up two runs on the first two batters. It's really too bad St. Louis couldn't get a win out of that performance. But, as I predicted, Carlos Beltran carried the day. Now we'll see if the rest of my prediction comes true, and the Cardinals win the series. For those of you who followed my advice rather than my prediction, and put a dime on the Mets, things are coming along nicely, no?

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • I told you the Mets would win. I'm hoping for a Mets-Tigers World Series. Two good teams and a great match-up. But then what? Well, I like these Tigers a lot, but it'd be great (as a Jays fan) to see Carlos Delgado win a championship. And Glavine, too, one of the truly great pitchers of our time (if always overshadowed).

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home