Friday, October 13, 2006

We have met the enemy, and she is Mary Jane

By Heraclitus

The Taleban are using a crop of monstrous marijuana plants as cover. The Canadians are on the case. Apparently, they can't burn the forest of ganja down, because the plants are too saturated with water. They did manage to burn a little, but then the soldiers got too stoned to fight the Taleban. As one soldier told his CO: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

The story reminds me of when I was in high school, and a bit of pot-head myself, and we had an all-school assembly about drugs. They did a slide-show, and one of the pictures was of a sheriff's deputy next to a marijuana plant about six feet tall. It looked like an evergreen. I started crooning softly to my stoner buddies around me, "O, Christmas Tree, o Christmas Tree, how lovely are your branches" (although I'm not sure if those are the actual words).

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home