Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Digital cameras

By Heraclitus

Hello, readers. I've been wanting to get one of these digital cameras I keep hearing about (yes, I know, I am teh lame), but I don't know much about them. I'd mainly like to use it to take pictures outside, not just snap shots of family birthday parties and so on. What should I expect to pay? I notice the cheaper ones on Amazon are a little under $100. Are these going to be pieces of crap? The digital camera review sites I've seen mainly review cameras costing several hundred or even thousand dollars. I don't need anything that nice (read: I'm not paying anywhere near that much), but how much should I expect to pay for a decent digital camera that can take good outdoor photos? Thanks.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

  • I look forward to seeing some of your photography here at The Reaction. As long as you don't do any self-portraits.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 8:51 PM  

  • Screw you, Stickings, you malicious bastard.

    By Blogger ., at 9:06 PM  

  • Ah, but I know what you look like. Out here in the blogosphere you're anonymous.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 10:55 PM  

  • So are you trying to protect my anonymity, or are you mocking my appearance? Are you a rank lookist, Stickings?

    By the way, we should talk some time soon. I can't tonight, but my spring break starts tomorrow. And last two weeks. Just in case you needed another reason to hate me.

    By Blogger ., at 12:26 AM  

  • But isn't that your picture? If so, I would be a "runawayist."

    Is that 50 caliber over your shoulder or are you just qetting ready for quail season? :-)>

    What camera you need depends on what you're going to do with the pictures: how large you want to print them, how much you need to crop them, etc. For small pictures to put on line you don't need much, but for 8 X 10 you probably need 5 megapixels and more is better.

    It's still hard to beat film and I have done some nice work by scanning fairly good sized prints made from film.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home