Thursday, March 29, 2007

TWO YEARS OF THE REACTION

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I'm never been one for blogiversaries, as they are called, but I thought I'd mention that The Reaction is turns two today. It began on March 29, 2005 with this introductory post. This post is #2,688. What a long way we've come, if I do say so myself.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my co-bloggers and guest bloggers for their support, friendship, and amazing blogging. The Reaction would be so much less without them.

I would like to thank the many fellow bloggers out there whom I have had the opportunity to meet, if only virtually, and with whom I have developed lasting connections and even genuine friendships. This is about much more than links and hits. This is about community. There are far too many to mention, from all across the political spectrum and from non-political corners of the blogosphere, but I must in particular thank Joe Gandelman for long ago inviting me to join him as a co-blogger at The Moderate Voice, where I am now an assitant editor, and Steve Benen for inviting me to guest blog for him at The Carpetbagger Report on a number of occasions. Their support and encouragement, as from many others, has been incredibly generous and, as I've worked to build this blog into what it is today, invaluble.

I would like to thank all of you, the readers. I know there are bloggers who blog mainly for themselves or their friends and families, but this is mostly a political and cultural blog that is meant in some way to contribute to the arena of public discourse. We have had readers from around the world, from almost every country there is, if mostly from the U.S. and Canada. I am truly grateful that so many people from so many different places have taken the time to visit and to read, as well as to comment on, what we have posted. Hopefully we will continue to be worthy of your attention.

And I would like to thank my family and friends for all their love and support. And of course for putting up with me as I spend so much time on the computer, blogging away.

And so it goes. The Reaction turns two and we have no intention of stopping. Hopefully we will continue to grow and to get better with age.

But enough about us. Let's get back to the show.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

  • Conrgats, Michael. It's my pleasure to co-blog here. You make a decent boss, but a better friend.

    By Blogger creature, at 8:30 PM  

  • Mazeltov, Michael. A great blog with a great staff, even that Creature guy ... Heh. Many more, my friend.

    By Blogger Fixer, at 8:33 PM  

  • Thanks, guys. I really appreciate that.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 1:11 AM  

  • Congratulations, Michael, and thanks again for making me a small part of this great adventure.

    By Blogger Mustang Bobby, at 7:46 AM  

  • Happy blogiversary Michael. I'm thrilled and honored to be part of this team.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 10:38 AM  

  • Thank you, Bobby and Libby. It's great to have you both here.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 12:15 PM  

  • congrats michael

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • Happy blogiversary. At what point does Blog Social Security kick in?

    By Blogger Jon Swift, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home