Saturday, April 07, 2007

An unending cascade of brilliance

By Heraclitus

Let me just remind all of you that I've never claimed to be anything more than a snide, mean-spirited a-hole bastard who knows no pleasure in life beyond laughing humorlessly at his fellow man. So the fact that I've posted so little recently, and now today have posted three times, but only to ridicule various conservatives, should come as no surprise.

Check this. In a nutshell, some Christian fundamentalist claims that evolution is disproved by the fact that no one has ever opened a jar of peanut butter only to find that the "energy" they used to open the jar has created "new life" inside it. (Insert "peanut butter eats person" joke.) You have to watch that brief video; I think my favorite part may be the music, which is kind of new agey and "inspirational," but is oddly out of place as a backing track for such a powerful intellect.

Seriously, what is satire, and what is reality at this point with the religious right?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • I choose to believe that they're not really here... That they're all figments of my imagination. Really, really irritating figments of my imagination.

    By Blogger Librocrat, at 2:58 AM  

  • Like I always tell Gordon, the right wing in this nation has ruined satire, irony, and parody.

    By Blogger Fixer, at 5:42 AM  

  • I always wonder why they get to be called the right, when they're so wrong.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home