Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Welcome aboard Lee Iacocca

By Libby Spencer

I never thought in a million years, I would be inspired by former Chrysler CEO Lee Iacocca. I mean, Lee is the kind of rabid Republican that hangs with Reagan, Bush and the sleazy Amway heir Dick DeVos. However, Steve Benen posts a review of Iacocca's new book that has me actually liking the guy. In fact, Lee gets quote of the day with this excerpt.

Stay the course? You’ve got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I’ll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

It just gets better from there. Try this one out.

I’ll go a step further. You can’t call yourself a patriot if you’re not outraged…. Why are we in this mess? How did we end up with this crowd in Washington? Well, we voted for them — or at least some of us did. But I’ll tell you what we didn’t do. We didn’t agree to suspend the Constitution. We didn’t agree to stop asking questions or demanding answers. Some of us are sick and tired of people who call free speech treason. Where I come from that’s a dictatorship, not a democracy.

It's a shame it took Lee so long to board the reality-based bus, but as far as I'm concerned, with this kind of talk, he's a welcome addition to the passenger list. Read the rest for yourself at The Carpetbagger Report.

(Cross-posted at The Impolitic.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Endorsing that sleazy DeVos shows just how out of touch Iaccoca is with reality. Like you said, better late than never, but had he been paying attention to all the outrage people have been expressing for 6 years now he might have spoken up sooner.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home