Tuesday, November 13, 2007

We interrupt this blog for a trivial report...

By Edward Copeland

I hate to waste the space of thoughtful commentary and analysis that we usually contribute here for something such as this, but it seems to me indicative of how low CNN has gone.

Perhaps it's just a slow news day (nothing going on in Pakistan or the Palestinian Territories right?) because the TV in our newsroom that has CNN on has just spent about 10 minutes talking about and showing a clip of Condoleezza Rice being pestered by a fly during an interview. At least they didn't call it breaking news.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Months ago, I passed the tolerance threshhold for watching CNN. It was the constant dose of bombastic blubbering and blustering from Lou Dobbs, more incitment than news, that finally did me in. I am certainly intelligent enough to form my own consclusions and don't need the non-stop in-your-face editorializing.

    So what's left these days? Well, there is the BEEB and PBS. Bad news is never calming, but at least their neutral and muted presentation helps keep my blood pressure down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  

  • I saw that the other day.

    I was wondering when her tongue would flick out and catch it.

    By Blogger Carl, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home