Sunday, December 23, 2007

MJWS in the UK

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Greetings from England, everyone. I've been here for a few days already, suffering through jet lag and a nasty cold but otherwise doing well. My family has a lovely 18th-century farm (more like an estate, but that sounds excessively pompous) in the country north-west of London, in a small village in the Chiltern hills, fairly close to Oxford, an idyllic place that I can only describe as a sort of Burkean paradise.

I'll be here for three weeks in total. I hope to get some blogging done while I'm here, if I can tear myself away from my Constable-like surroundings, not to mention some trips into London, but the co-bloggers are so good that my absence can hardly be missed. Indeed, it is a genuine pleasure to be able to turn the blog over to them, and a similar pleasure to be able to check in regularly to read all the great posts they've put up. I'm sure I'll get some blogging done -- the primaries are coming up, after all, and I'll have a few things to say in anticipation of, and in response to, them, to say the least -- but, in the meantime, keep checking back for more of what you've (hopefully) come to expect from The Reaction, a fantastic variety of posts from a fantastic group of bloggers. (If you're new and don't yet know what to expect, welcome!)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Be back soon.

-- Michael

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home