Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Hillary I do like

By Creature

Beyond Hillary's fantastic wonkitude, it will come as no surprise to regular readers that I am not a big fan. My dislike stems mainly from policy, though overall I do believe she is too polarizing a figure to be president. However, lately, I must admit, Hillary has been growing on me (that is when Bill isn't around getting red-faced for her) and I do believe she is hitting her campaigning stride. It wasn't the tears that softened me up, it was her self-deprecating response to the ridiculous question about likability during the New Hampshire debate that had an effect. Throw in yesterday's Hillary-as-flight-attendant shtick (great stuff, BTW) and this bit of honesty about her campaign strategy being a bit too commander-in-chief like out of the gate, and Hillary is showing me a side I can live with.

Now, if only I could make her Iraq vote, her DLC heart, and her Rovian campaign tactics go away I could almost, maybe, kind-of contemplate supporting her.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home