Saturday, January 05, 2008

Second impression on Iowa

By Libby Spencer

[Posted yesterday] I just put in 32 hours at work in three days, which has been quite a shock after these last few weeks of leisure, so I'm tired and I don't have much to say about Iowa. I got up early this morning and posted my first impression at Newshoggers and I don't have a whole lot to add tonight.

I haven't had time to read many reactions but scanning the headlines tells me I'm not the only one who didn't think Obama's youth corps was going to come through and people are alternately fascinated and enamored. Me, I'm no big fan of Obama. I'm not sure I trust him but I love that his base turned out. We need the young people and the new voters to get involved if we're going to change anything. But it remains to be seen if they're in for the long haul. So I'm a bit puzzled about all these pronouncements of Hillary's demise. I believe they're a bit premature.

As is the major meltdown among the GOP fringenuts about Huckabee's ascendence from obscurity. I do have to admit to my moment of Huckenfreude over their discomfort but get a grip. As I said at Newshoggers, as far as I can see this race is still wide open on both sides.

The only thing that really matters about Iowa is the extraordinary turnout of voters.

(Cross-posted at The Impolitic.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home