Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Making noise for the sake of her base

By Creature

Yglesias plays off Schmitt who talks superdelegates. I said this in a post yesterday regarding the poaching story, but it's worth repeating in the superdelegates context. One reason Hillary's people are out there talking about using superdelegates to win (and talking Michigan, Florida, and poaching) is to send a clear signal to her own supporters that they will fight and that they are still in this. She needs to hold on to her own people (no matter how much it turns off everyone else). She needs their money. A mass defection between now and Ohio/Texas would be the actual end of her campaign.

Also, I've come to believe that Hillary will not scorch the earth leading up to, and including, the convention. If things progress the way they have she will gracefully bow out after March 4th. I'm not sure why I've come around on this, but I want to give Hillary the benefit of the doubt.

Update: As if on cue, here are Hillary's supporters making one last ditch effort. She needs them, but they won't hold on forever.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • I get e-mails daily from both campaigns. This one arrived today from Hillary, in response to Obama’s 10th concecutive win yesterday:

    “We can't let the Obama campaign overwhelm us financially.”

    My answer: “Yes we can.”

    By Blogger Swampcracker, at 3:07 PM  

  • I gave, again, today.

    By Blogger creature, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home