Saturday, May 31, 2008

Florida and Michigan in the balance

By Creature

I'm watching the DNC committee meeting and I'm finding it strangely compelling. Whatever the outcome, I'm sure outrage will be had and lies will be spun. Our democracy hangs in the balance. Or not.

Update: Florida gets its full delegation seated at half value. Even Harold Ickes is on board. It's a shame the Clinton supporters in the audience are not

Update II: Ickes is not going down quietly on Michigan. Hillary Clinton has reserved her right to take Michigan to the credentials committee. We are fighting until Denver. Oy.

Update III: Michigan is to be fully restored with one half vote. Clinton gets 69 delegates and Obama gets 59 delegates. The Michigan democratic party is on board, yet the Clinton folks are not. They will be belligerent to the end (just like their McCain-heckling supporters).

Update IV: I guess what really matters here is not what the Clinton's do, it's that they have lost (the primary and their control on the party). The Michigan/Florida debacle is settled to everyone's liking except for the Clinton camp. It's over and in all likelihood Barack Obama will clinch the nomination Tuesday night.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for this, Creature. I was out all day -- family before the DNC, you know -- and have just been catching on the day's events.

    Overall, I think this is a suitable compromise.

    Although, of course, no compromise will suit Hillary. Which all has to do with Clintonian ethics, as I've pointed out before: in this case, it's about entitlement for the Clintons before all others.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 9:03 PM  

  • You're welcome, Michael. Though I'm thinking you may have your priorities backward. Family first?

    Yes, I too think it was a suitable compromise (but what do I know, I'm an Obamabot).

    By Blogger creature, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home