Thursday, January 29, 2009

He's OUT! -- Blagojevich convicted by Illinois Senate, removed from office

By Capt. Fogg

It was unanimous; Rod's out and Quinn's in.

Bye-Bye Blogojevich, seeya later old boyavich. Actually I hope not. The defiant Rod, who was portraying himself in dramatic fashion today as a victim of his own excellence, was stripped of his job and title this evening by the Illinois Senate in a 59-0 vote. Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn, Blagojevich's two-time running mate, has been sworn in as the state of Illinois' 41st governor. (I never heard him say "so help me God" either. I can't wait to see if Fox News will accept him.)

Blago commuted the sentences of two felons just before he left the building -- one is a convicted drug dealer who now works as a janitor in the same homeless shelter Mrs. Blogojevich once worked at. His record will be wiped clean, and he may well deserve it. The other is a crooked real estate tycoon who was convicted of theft back in the 1980s. He recently bought Oprah's farm in Indiana, so he can't be doing all that badly. I wonder why he deserves the special favor, don't you?

Anyway, cold as it may be in Springfield, it's time to open the windows and air the place out -- and maybe to count the silverware.

(Cross-posted from Human Voices.)

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • THE USURPER

    "My daddy got a letter once
    That praised him to the skies,"
    Thus did the governor announce
    To compensate for lies.

    Usurping governor Pat Quinn,
    "I loved my dear old Dad,
    And if I praise my next-of-kin
    Then how can I be bad?"

    So all that crowd of fifty-nine
    Self-patters on the back--
    Contortionists without a spine--
    Its glibness seemed to smack.

    So Pat may be a chipper chirper,
    A cheerful cheeky chunk,
    But also Pat is a usurper,
    Auctoritas for bunk.

    .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • Don't quit your day job - unless it has something to do with teaching writing.

    Of course if it has to do with kissing Blogos ass, you might as well stop since there won't be any more paychecks.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home