Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MJWS in the UK

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Hello from England, everyone. I'll be on vacation here for the next 2+ weeks, out in the lovely Chiltern hills roughly halfway between London and Oxford, in an idyllic little village that defies my usual sense of reality, Torontonian reality.

I'll try to blog from time to time, but for the most part I hope not to spend much time in front of a computer, and the time away from heavy blogging after what has been a very busy year so far, what with health-care reform, draconian immigration laws, environmental calamities, widespread Republican insanity, and so on, should help me recharge my batteries for what will no doubt be an even busier rest of the year, what with the midterms coming in November.

But do keep checking back here frequently. Again, I will do some blogging while I'm here, including probably on British politics -- you can smell the Toryness in the air, a vague scent of neoliberal oppression mixed with nasty old-fashioned fogeyness, stewing with LibDem sellingoutedness, and not just out here in the Tory heartland -- and, as you've seen the past couple of days, my great co-bloggers will be doing their usual thing in my absence, putting up fantastic posts that you're sure to like (unless you're on the other side, in which case you'll be predictably outraged by anything that blasts through your ignorance, willful or otherwise).

So stay tuned.

As for me, as it's almost 5:30 pm here, I'm off to have a beer and wander around the gardens.

-- Michael

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Glad to see yer having fun. I'd be jealous but I'll be in England in a few months too.

    By Blogger Fixer, at 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home