Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Two-thirds of Americans think Barack Obama is better suited to handle an alien invasion than Mitt Romney"


(For more on the NG poll, see here. As for me, I certainly believe in UFOs. Which is to say, I believe that some flying objects are unidentified. The real question is whether you believe there is intelligent extraterrestrial life. I do. And, yes, I'd certainly hope to befriend aliens if they showed up. -- MJWS)

Yes, that's a real headline. Apparently National Geographic asked the question and this is how people answered. Here's more from press release:

In regards to national security, nearly two-thirds (65%) of Americans think Barack Obama would be better suited than fellow presidential candidate Mitt Romney to handle an alien invasion. In fact, more than two in three (68%) women say that Obama would be more adept at dealing with an alien invasion than Romney, vs. 61 percent of men. And more younger citizens, ages 18 to 64 years, than those aged 65+ (68% vs. 50%) think Romney would not be as well-suited as Obama to handle an alien invasion.

I have to say, this is information I am glad I have. I wonder why they didn't ask how many Americans think Mitt Romney is from another planet. How else to explain? And we could start a whole new birther movement. It would make as much sense as their birther movement.

Anyway, this is a good excuse to post the trailer to the original Men in Black, a movie I enjoyed.


(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home