Thursday, August 02, 2012

Sarah Palin's lame anti-Cheney zinger ruined by Sarah Palin


So you remember how the other day Dick Cheney, emerging from his evil lair to give an interview to ABC News, said that John McCain's tapping of Sarah Palin as his running mate four years ago was "a mistake"?

("That one, I don't think was well handled. The test to get on that small list has to be, 'Is this person capable of being president of the United States?'... I like Governor Palin. I've met her. I know her. She – attractive candidate. But based on her background, she'd only been governor for, what, two years. I don't think she passed that test... of being ready to take over. And I think that was a mistake.")

Well, that obviously didn't sit well with the self-aggrandizing cult of personality known as Sarah Palin, and you knew a response was coming, probably on Fox News to Greta Van Susteren. It was just a matter of when.

And when turned out to be Tuesday night -- yes, on Fox News; yes, to Greta Van Susteren.

Now, I'll provide the full quote in a moment. First, though, here's the brilliantly hilarious headline to Dan Amira's post at Daily Intel:

Sarah Palin's Comeback to Dick Cheney
Marred by Sarah Palin's Inability to Form a Coherent Sentence

That pretty much says it all.

And just what was the incoherence? Here you go:

Well, seeing as how Dick — excuse me, Vice President, uh, Cheney — never misfires, then evidently he's quite convinced that what he had, uh, evidently read about me by the lamestream media, having been written, uh, what I believe is a false narrative over the last four years, evidently Dick Cheney believed that stuff and that's a shame, so he characterized me as being a mistake.

Um... what? A lame joke about Cheney's hunting accident from 2006? A typical attack on the media? A refusal to be in any way self-critical?

The ramblings of a blithering idiot with limited communication skills and absolutely no genuine self-awareness whatsoever?

Here she is, in all her glory:

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home