Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This Day in Music: November 14, 1987 - George Michael goes to #1 on the UK album charts with Faith

By Richard K. Barry

George Michael's Faith won the Grammy in 1989 for Album of the Year.

To date, the album has sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Faith produced six Top 5 Billboard Hot 100 hits, four of which ("Faith," "Father Figure," "One More Try," and "Monkey") reached #1. Not a bad effort.


In general terms, I was never a big fan of pop music in the '80s, but I always liked this album.



(Cross-posted at Hogtown Hipster.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • This was a breakout release for George and, regardless of where he's gone since, it is still very strong. I think 'Father Figure' is maybe one of the strongest ballads I've heard in years.

    By Blogger Oblio, at 7:29 PM  

  • I agree. Father Figure is probably my favourite from the album.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home