Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Come on, Barack. You should know better

By Richard Barry

President Barack Obama is getting some heat for the way he referred to Senator Elizabeth Warren in citing her criticism of his trade agenda. 

Among others, Ohio Senator Sherrod Bown, a top Democrat leading the fight against Obama's trade push "criticized the president for what the senator saw as 'disrespectful' comments toward Warren and suggested that Warren’s gender may have played a role," according to Politico.

When asked how Obama was being disrespectful of the Massachusetts Democrat, Brown replied: “I think by just calling her ‘another politician.’” He continued, “I’m not going to get into more details. I think referring to her as first name, when he might not have done that for a male senator, perhaps? I’ve said enough.”

Words matter, and the President should be embarrassed.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • I've really been angry at him this last couple of weeks, as I think you can tell from my writing during that time. I'm afraid Obama thinks TPP will be a legacy for him. He'd better hope not. As I discuss in an article coming out on Saturday (I think), if he just coasts, he is likely to have the most job creation in a single term since at least Carter. People don't remember Bill Clinton fondly because of NAFTA. They remember him fondly because of a 3.9% unemployment rate. Wake up Mr President!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home